A to Z 2014 Banner

A to Z 2014 Banner

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Widgets

A to Z 2013 : ZENITH

(An A to Z 2013 Challenge Entry)

And then it was April 30, 2013; twenty-six letters deep. The peak of the A to Z Challenge, and a personal writing achievement for me! I just finished up my “Y” post about 15 minutes to Midnight, and while I have the whole day to work on “Z”, I’m still up and thought I would try to knock it out early. Who needs sleep anyway, am I right?

According to everyone else: This guy!

But to hell with that! I am ecstatic that I made it the through the entire challenge, and most topics being on the fly. I was a little worried there towards the middle, as I had to change topics out of the blue, being I wouldn’t have enough time to fully articulate what I wanted. Now I can get to those post entries on a more relaxed deadline.

Congratulations!

I just wanted to say congratulations to everyone who participated in the A to Z Challenge this year! Some were vets, some were rookies, but we were all in it together. Congrats to those that completed the challenge, gave it their best, and/or are still continuing to catch up! Whether finishing up or not, you are awesome! This definitely doesn’t seem a blog hop intended for the weak of heart. It is a big commitment.

I had a handful of friends joining outside of the A to Z listing — starting late — that I hope continue to “Z”!

Also, thank you to those who followed along, whether participating or not! Your presence is always greatly appreciated :)

Shiny Happy People Holding Hands

So you should probably play that video, because you know you want to... I bet my mother will!

I met a good handful of new bloggers during the A to Z Challenge, and I hope to continue to participate amongst them throughout my blogosphere days/months/years/decades/centuries/millennia. I am uncertain how many will be continuing outside of the A to Z, or at least to what capacity. I know my postings will likely slow to 1-2 a week. We will see. I hope to dabble in podcasts and videos periodically.

The connections made in this event were a huge part of the draw for me. Meeting fascinating people, learning about their lives and/or passions, and reading their work. I may have bit off more than I could chew, in terms of how many blogs I could keep up with. So I apologize if I fell behind some, especially to those who continually were able to visit and comment on my blog postings all throughout the challenge. I am a slow reader, and sometimes a long-winded commenter. I still plan to backtrack to any entries I may have missed (and read older posts outside the A to Z on the blogs I’ve discovered during this period). I definitely hope I didn’t offend anyone. They don’t call me Slowplay for nothing...

I’m very interested in continuing the connections made, and it will be a lot easier given a more casual pace. So if you happen across this, and do plan to continue blogging (I know some made an A to Z specific blog only), do please let me know. Otherwise I’m sure I will find out via my feed, one way or another, if new entries are made. There are also various media channels available to keep in touch, as well.

I am looking forward to getting back into my fiction. I believe it feels neglected. We can’t be having that now, can we?

Congratulations and Thank You, again, to anyone/everyone participating and/or following along! You are all awesome! I hope we all remain Shiny Happy People sharing and spreading our love and laughter with the world together!

Time to catch those “Zzz”s now!

Did you survive the A to Z? If so, any thoughts or opinions about it? Do you plan to participate again next year? How often do you normally post blog entries, outside of events like A to Z?

26 comments:

  1. Noooooooooo what will I read in the mornings now???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why... my May postings, but of course!

      Delete
  2. It's over already?!?!?! I'm sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but May Madness has just begun!

      Delete
  3. it is over!!! i am returning to my i blog when i have stuff routine....i still have so many finger puppets to give the world, why stop now right! so i surely will be back and annoy you in the comments...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it isn't "over" for you yet Muhahahaha

      Delete
  4. Congrats on reaching the end of the challenge. There were a few times I wasn't sure I could keep up with all the blogs I found as well, but I managed. It will be a nice relief to not have so many blogs to check each day. Although, now I have to think up blog topics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia!

      Kudos to you as well and especially keeping up with all the blogs. I feel a bit of a failure on that front.

      I hope to see you posting throughout May and beyond!

      Delete
  5. Congrats. Glad to see you make it to the end. Now I can harp on you...err motivate you to work on your fiction pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. For a guy who almost threw in the towel at letter F, you should be super pumped! I'm proud of you for sticking it out. I enjoyed reading your posts and getting to know you a little. As for me, I must have been crazy to try and keep up with two blogs in the challenge. Holy crap! I'm glad it's done. Now we can all get back to our lives and our works in progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jessica!

      It was almost Game Over early in the challenge, but here I am! And doing the May challenge as you know.

      You are maybe a bit crazy doing two blogs, but you managed it great, with varying topics/themes and all!

      I am curious of your other WiP.

      Delete
  7. Jak, It's been great chatting with you. Well done for getting to the end. And thanks for visiting me to encourage me along. It's appreciated. All the best and I may stop by from time to time to chat. Bye for now. Andy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy, and same in return. Greatly appreciated. Sorry I began faulting a bit at the end with visiting/commenting. I hope you are continuing to post beyond April. I will see via my feed and visits!

      Delete
  8. Oh, fun, we had the same Z word for today! Although that's probably not that much of a coincidence considering we needed Z words that meant 'end' :)

    It has been a lot of fun, but I'm not sad that it's over! I have really enjoyed finding new blogs, and I had a great time with my posts, but it was exhausting. Looking forward to taking it easy blogging-wise and going back to one or two posts a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, not so much a coincidence haha but still cool :)

      I hope you can take it easy, and thanks for the fun blog and contest. Very awesome. Looking forward to more you put out.

      Delete
  9. Interesting that z means the end.....had fun, might check in, see ya later? Weird, sharing yourselves all this time should mean lasting friendships......maybe you all need to start again.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some started a May challenge, but the hope is we continually visit one another as we continue to write. At least that is my plan :)

      Delete
  10. I agree, the challenge was a lot of fun, but it's hard to keep up with visiting all of those people posting every single day. Getting back to normal will mean I can read and comment more often, and continue the connections I made throughout April. It will be fun to see what bloggers' normal posts look like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in the same boat here, but now with the May challenge... eh... yeah. We will see. Thank so much for your visits and encouragement, it means a lot.

      Congrats on pulling through! Now to the relaxed pace (for some).

      Delete
  11. Congratulations! I am so proud of you. I always knew you would be great at this. I know it was challenging for you. Now spread your wings and fly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! Very much a challenge. I think I will skip the flying part being I will end up like the guy in Kick-Ass.

      Delete
  12. Congratulations on finishing the challenge Jak! It's been awesome reading your posts and I also want to thank you for the great comments you've left at my blog. I will be continuing on with my blog and also will be keeping up with you here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Congrats to you as well :) Great to hear you will be continuing on. I will be visiting and commenting and chatting it up!

      Delete
  13. Congrats on wrapping up the A-Z challlenge! It was definitely challenging but I'm happy to see you've already taken on a new challenge for May, I did the same thing though not the same challenge. But i'll look forward to keeping up with yours as best as I can. It was fun to write all month though, don't you think? I can't thank you enough for your comments on my blog all month long. I love to get comments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn :)

      I noticed you are planning on daily blogging too! We are crazy and may end up in an institute somewhere together.

      Visit when able, no pressure. I appreciate your visits during the challenge and hope to continually visit your blog as you post daily.

      Congrats to you and have fun with May blogging! Happy writing!

      Delete

Oh My Nuts! Leave a message already, would ya?!

Jak Stats