A to Z 2014 Banner

A to Z 2014 Banner

Friday, May 10, 2013

Widgets

BEDiM 2013 : DAY 10

(A Blog Every Day in May 2013 Challenge Entry)

Well, here is this question again. I couldn’t answer it for my Liebster Award and afraid I won’t be able to offer up any succulent stories this time around either.

Today’s prompt:

Day 10, Friday: Most embarrassing moment (s). Spill.

One story, which is brief, may qualify.

When younger (the age eludes me, but I think twelve maybe?) I was at home and my parents had a friend over. We will call him Kravitz. That night, I’m not sure how it came up, but he made a comment to me along the lines of:

“Someday you will be as big as me!”

This comment made me shy away from the kitchen, where they were hanging out, and I went into the living room to cry. I believe it was my mother who came to ask me what was wrong. I responded along the lines of:

“I don’t want to be that fat.”

See Kravitz was a bigger guy, and I had apparently already become self conscious about my weight. So I guess the comment made me embarrassed about it. My mom (and later their friend) explained to me that he meant big as in strong; not weight. I’d say the situation would have been more embarrassing for their friend, but I don’t think he was the type to give a damn.

This isn’t much, but I generally try to avoid situations that could result in embarrassment. My anxiety does a good job at regulating that, even if not balanced. I even asked a few highschool friends I knew if they could recall anything from school. They just said I was shy, but no embarrassing events that they could recall.

Do you have any specific embarrassing moments you’ve experienced?

20 comments:

  1. I remember that....he passed away a few years ago....I like how you chose his name...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recall it being mentioned I think. He made it way way way longer than I ever imagined he would, to be honest.

      Delete
  2. yep I agree and who would have thought he would take his own life? I thought he would pass from his life style long before...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had many embarrassing moments. I lived through all of them. I don't worry about embarrassment much. It is a quick an passing moment in time that you just go through and move on from. Like flashing that entire bar or falling down the stairs in front of popular cute boys. I have always been a klutz after you take a spill in front of enough people you just start to roll with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well when falling down stairs, or a hill, there isn't much option but to roll! Hahaha get it? Yeah, my anxiety would likely kick on overdrive, though. So not sure how long before I just "roll with it".

      Delete
  4. I used to not be embarrassable, but I've suddenly become able to be embarrassed the last few years. Boo, I preferred it when it couldn't happen.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder why it shifted? Have you any idea? Was there anything you can recall in particular that caused you to suddenly be more susceptible to being embarrassed?

      Delete
  5. awh that was cute!
    I am not easily embarrassed but after I remembered the story for my post I also remembered that I once came downstairs to the kitchen to get a glass of water. Really early in the morning right, just in my undies and suddenly i was standing in front of a bunch of phd students. My house mate had a meeting with them...all guys....ugghhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha maybe you are secretly an exhibitionist! dun Dun DUN! Having so many house mates, I'd imagine there is high potential for awkward moments like that. I've lived alone for so many years now that it isn't really a factor.

      That story is a bit more embarrassing, though, than having fussy hair around all the cute boys from work.

      Delete
    2. i like to believe my hair was good at the time of the underwear incident.

      Delete
    3. I like to believe "pics or it didn't happen" is mandatory for such occurrences!

      Delete
  6. I can think of many embarrassing moments for myself... unfortunately. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww don't be so shy... share :) Make a post about one of those many moments. I need to take a day — or weekend — to think of as many of my own stories like that as I can. There has to be more, and this seems a popular questions IRL and Blogosphere.

      Delete
  7. Aw, I can completely see that happening to a little kid. They take things so literally. Glad the friend took it well. Although, from the comments, it sounds like things didn't go well for him.
    I don't get embarrassed easily. When I do something lame, I'm very good at acknowledging it and making fun of myself so everyone will laugh with me. There isn't a person on this earth that doesn't make mistakes or do stupid things. I say it's best to laugh and move on. I do know, though, that not everyone is like me. For a variety of reasons, some people are very worried about doing something dumb. I think self-confidence has a lot to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of picture you as not being embarrassed. Even some blog entries have shared what others would consider too embarrassing to share, and you don't even need a prompt! lol

      I also believe self-confidence is a factor in being overly embarrassed about situations. I'd like to be able to shrug things off, but that would involve getting some more control over my anxiety for sure :)

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh, I have a million embarassing stories :) But while I get embarrassed, I get it over it fast, and then tell everyone, ha ha. I blog about them, too! Here are two: Never Put a Note Under the Door and Crazy Poop Lady I guess I have no shame :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwwwwyea! Going to check those suckers out. Though, a bit concerned about the second one lol

      Delete
  9. Embarrassing stories are so much fun to share, once they stop being humiliating and start being funny. I have plenty of stories. Mostly, mine revolve around me saying something in public that embarrassed the adults that were with me. That happened a lot, I am told.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Well, I may have a bigger variety of stories for when I've embarrassed others. Those would be fun to share sometime.

      Delete

Oh My Nuts! Leave a message already, would ya?!

Jak Stats