A to Z 2014 Banner

A to Z 2014 Banner

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Widgets

BEDiM 2013 : DAY 26

(A Blog Every Day in May 2013 Challenge Entry)

The holiday weekend is almost over, but it’s been a fairly busy time. Gaming with friends, visiting family, working out, and random fun has made for a good time. I think tomorrow I may end up visiting more family. I definitely can’t argue with another BBQ. That makes three in the past month. It would be nice to just relax at home, though, and do some catching up on blogs and writing.

Today’s prompt:

Day 26, Sunday: Something you read online. Leave a link and discuss, if you'd like.

Well, I read a lot online. Most of my intake lately has been other blogs when finding the time. I feel so far behind again. No daily challenges in June please. I’ve been falling behind on replying to comments even. This weekend being really busy didn’t help much. Need to get on it.

I shared a blog post awhile back with my Facebook writing group. It’s been a few months since reading it — need to look it over again — but I recall liking it. I wouldn’t have shared it otherwise. It’s a post giving the bloggers opinion of the publishing industry and writing. Just be warned it’s NSFW (it’s listed as such on the blog). The author is vulgar and more in-your-face.

I’ve never  dealt with the hardships of attempting to get published, but hope to someday. There’s a good chance a handful of you will be way more familiar than I. Still an enjoyable read, nonetheless.

Let me know what you think:



If reading the blog post, any thoughts? Do you have any articles or blog posts associated with writing and/or publishing you recommend?

8 comments:

  1. I follow Chuck Wendig on Twitter and read his blog from time to time and he always has good advice. He may be vulgar but comes up with some very interesting ways of describing things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice, it was the first blog post I'd read by him (maaaaaybe one other). I will have to explore some more. I really like his style.

      Delete
  2. That last one about knowing your industry, but not getting too into it? Yeah, that's my guilty pleasure right now. I spend so much time learning the ins and outs of stuff, I don't work on my actual writing. In fact, that's what I'm supposed to be working on now... I really liked the article and will share it around, I think :)

    I'm really behind on everything... blogging, commenting, you name it. I was traveling recently and my to-do list is ridiculously long right now. Trying to get caught up though. I still need to finish the A-Z Challenge from April. Daily blogging challenges took up way more time than they should have for me... so I don't know if I will do many more. Not for a bit at least.

    -Kristen
    www.kristenduvall.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Share away!

      Yeah, it's easy to get sidetracked while looking into specifics or worrying about different things, all the while you should be focusing on the one thing you currently have control over: your writing.

      It would be awesome if you finish up the A to Z! Considering I jumped from that to the BEDiM Challenge, I've fallen behind on commenting again. It sucks, but I plan on catching up — AND avoiding additional daily challenges in June... — once this whole shebang is over!

      You have a year until next A to Z, and by then perhaps you will be able to write more in advance? That is my game plan. Who knows, though, where we will all be a year from now.

      Glad you stopped by, Kristen! Happy writing!

      Delete
  3. I have gotten behind on reading and writing, but I figured having fun and getting things done over the holiday weekend was worth it :)

    Great link. I skimmed through it but will go back to it later, be aide he has some great info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having fun and enjoying yourself in a necessity! Nothing wrong with taking some time off and doing your own thing. Hope you tended to he garden some :)

      Delete
  4. I have enjoyed your blog very much. I wish you the best of luck being published. I always knew you would do something amazing with all those ideas in your head. Just don't forget when one door closes another always open. You will find your way to your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Well, I still feel that is a long ways out yet, but it's a start :)

      Delete

Oh My Nuts! Leave a message already, would ya?!

Jak Stats