A to Z 2014 Banner

A to Z 2014 Banner

Monday, May 6, 2013

Widgets

BEDiM 2013 : DAY 6

(A Blog Every Day in May 2013 Challenge Entry)

It’s 1pm and I’m still up on no sleep from last night, so I feel like I better get this out or it won’t be happening at all. If I end up passing out, there is a good chance I won’t wake up until past midnight. Short and sweet today.

Day 6, Monday: If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?

Hmm...

To me, that is an odd question. Usually “work” is automatically thrown in. “What do you do for work?” “Where do you work?” or some such. So this is pretty open ended, even if avoiding citing your job as there are no real parameters/restrictions beyond that.

What do I do?

I eat, I sleep, I game, I run, I play, I swing, I dance, I laugh, I cry...

I “insert whatever random activity here”...

But most importantly I... Well, I’ll let this little fella tell you for me, ‘cause that’s what I want to do:


That is exactly what I do! You should too!

9 comments:

  1. Cartman... That's so great. I love that episode. And look at you, publishing your post while it's still light out!

    When people ask what I do, I always tell them about that place I go all the time. You know, the one I sell my life away to (for a meager wage). I never think to say, "I'm a writer!"

    When I grow up, "I'll do what I want!" like Cartman. And, I might even "Take what I want, cuz I don't care," like the Honeybadger. Time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Who knew daytime posting could be so fun lol I may be fading, though. Definitely won't be light by time I wake.

      You should totally say a writer, silly!

      I love Honey Badger! I haven't watched that video in some time. I definitely condone doing what you want, all the time :) Cartman is a great role model.

      Delete
  2. don't respect my authority! I do want I want most of the time...especially murdering baby seals...all. the. time.

    how do you function without sleep? i wouldn't be able to write coherent sentences without 4 hours of sleep at least...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ACK all those baby seals! lol

      I function much slower than usual when on less sleep, which is pretty damn slow. They do call me Slowplay after all!

      Delete
    2. wait did he not say disrespect...urgh that's me with 5 hours of sleep...go to bed!!!

      Delete
  3. Why do you not go to bed? I could never stay up all night now...that ability ended when I left my twenties, I think.

    I do what I want sounds like a great mantra! But is Cartman wearing makeup? He doesn't normally, right? You can see I haven't watched all that much of that show :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think after hitting my 30s it's become lot harder now. It fluxes really. I have periods where I get very little sleep and am high functioning, but then hit time frames where I am tired and crashing at 8pm and sleeping for hours (though, usually waking up in the middle of the night/early morning).

      I'm not too sure. It may have just been for that segment. It's been a long while since catching up on the show.

      Delete
  4. My sister and I run around quoting that episode all the time...it's my hot body I do what I want!

    Interesting prompt, I'd probably say 'I collect information in the world at large' if I wasn't allowed to say I'm a Writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that... I am The Collector... of Knowledge. Not a bad way to present yourself. As long as adding that "knowledge" bit so it isn't so creepy :) Then again, you can do what you want!

      Delete

Oh My Nuts! Leave a message already, would ya?!

Jak Stats