A to Z 2014 Banner

A to Z 2014 Banner

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Widgets

BEDiM 2013 : DAY 9



(A Blog Every Day in May 2013 Challenge Entry)

I believe today’s post is supposed to involve a picture. Had I went out with my NaNo friends, there would have been a decent chance at me getting a new photo taken. A friend just got a new camera and is sure to be fanatical about taking random pics for some time. As it is, no new pic.

Day 9, Thursday: A moment in your day (this can be just a photo or both a photo and words).

So, I will have to use a stock photo (one not even featuring myself!) associated with today...

Back to Magic

Tonight was the first night playing Magic: The Gathering, at a competitive level, for almost 6 months. I think I played one Friday Night Magic event in between “quitting” and now. It was a draft game, and I got rocked pretty hard. 0-2 my first match (with the first game of the match being relatively close, the second I was crushed).

Match two I went 1-2, so at least I got in a win. I need to learn not to keep shitty hands — like in game three — but thought I would draw into some needed cards. No such thing occurred.

The card winning me my one win for the evening. I never "looked" at it beyond the text. Creepy lol

Third match I got the “By”. This means the game feels so sorry for me that I don’t have to play, and it counts as a “win”. IE: Lowest ranked player gets the “By” from my understandings. So this is technically a 2-0, but unsure if they count them as such.

Basically, I got rocked!

It was a lot of fun, though, playing with my brother and a handful of friends I’d not seen in some time.  It was almost like a Mini Magic Reunion!

So, that was a snippet of my day. I’m sure only 10% of my readers (of 30 followers) will know what the hell I’m talking about. That may be me being optimistic!

Have you heard of Magic: The Gathering? Do you, or have you ever, played Magic: The Gathering? Have you ever participated in any sort of tournament or competition (gaming/sports/etc)?

20 comments:

  1. I have heard of Magic the Gathering. I am wondering if someone might teach me how to play it some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, No, and No....we played dungeons and dragons.....
    I would like to hear who was at the "magic reunion"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one you know actually. Friends from in the city we met during competition events.

      Delete
  3. Yes, I've heard of it and know what it is, but no, I've never played it. I have a friend who is just indignant that I've never played. She feels it is a writer's game. Indignant, I tell you! I'm glad you got to play and enjoy yourself, even if you did get rocked.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will pretend it is a writer's game! You should totally be giving it a go. It can be played casually with friends fairly easy enough :)

      Delete
  4. G would probably be interested in playing magic if you dudes need another player. He keeps trying to recruit me - help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?! G plays? Well, what the sweet momma nuts?! I know many Magic Players and hope to have a Magic Night sometime soon.

      Delete
  5. The first time I heard of this was a few months ago when a friend of a friend was over to judge some Magical card tournament...and now it pops up everywhere...freaky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I believe you mentioned that in my "N" post, if I remember correctly. I would like to start a blog about the game, in which many of these followers would probably find rather dull lol

      The game itself has had a resurgence, which is probably part of the reason you hear about it more now.

      Delete
  6. I would be in that percentage of never heard of it. Never played any sort of game, actually. (I am pretty sure you predicted that.) I'm glad you had fun, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did I did, but ANY game ever? This includes card/board games in general?

      Delete
    2. Oh, no. We play board games around here all the time. Plus, I grew up at the foot of a Euchre table. THAT kind of game, I'm all over. My boys have played Pokémon and Yu-gi-oh was very big around here for a while. I just never played it with them. If they asked, I would tell them, "That's why I gave you brothers." :)

      Delete
    3. Oh that is awesome then :) I'm a an of almost ALL games! I actually got into buying a lot of Pokemon cards, but never once played the game. I was in collector mode at that time.

      And give them brothers you did! And maybe another and maybe a tomboy daughter and... :)

      Delete
  7. Sorry. Sorry dude. Sorry. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by. I'm still around and I'm still reading, just been extra busy and my computer has been a jerk lately.

    I have heard of Magic, though I've never played. I think I might like it though :)

    -Kristen
    www.kristenduvall.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kristen! Thanks for stopping by. I know you've been uber busy! You very well may... you should try it a few times with some fun people and find out!

      Delete
  9. You would get along so well with my brother and his wife. They play this game weekly with some friends. I had never heard of it, until the last time I was over and my nephew got some of those cards for his birthday. I am still incredibly confused about how to play it, but they seem quite taken with it, so I'm guessing it's a lot of fun? :) My brother has also been really into role playing games and stuff like that. I'm more of a board game kind of person. I know, I lack imagination :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well what the heck Kianwi? We have to get your fam together for some Magic lol That is awesome. I've learned more and more — some I wouldn't expect — are getting into the game.

      For some time I was giving a bunch to an ex's son, so hopefully he goes the path of a player! Muahahahahaha ;-)

      You don't lack imagination, silly. Some games are just not for everyone, but it is always best to at least give them a try or five before being definitive.

      Delete

Oh My Nuts! Leave a message already, would ya?!

Jak Stats