It’s been a pretty busy week, but semi-productive at least.
Aaaaaaand that is as far as I got — literally one sentence — before deciding to take a quick nap. A nap I hoped wouldn’t turn into another four hour sleep like on Friday, which interrupted planned activities. Well, it most certainly did turn into that. Waking up at 10:30pm, realizing I couldn’t hit up DQ for a blizzard like I really wanted to, I went back to sleep again.
1:30am was my next waking point. Since I have some fellow night owl friends, I strongly contemplated getting up and gaming on Xbox. I was certain the odds of me falling asleep again wouldn’t be in my favor. That is until I suddenly woke up at 430am. So I went to do some late night/early morning grocery shopping, buying nothing of any real healthy value (except the coconut milk), and thought I’d try to write more.
It looks cloudy out, but the weather site says no storms until late Sunday evening. Bummer. Maybe I will just try to go for Gold and sleep some more. If I can’t, Silver is okay by me.
Yep, slept again. Who’s the big winner?! Except, I found out that while I slept a thunderstorm came through. Whaaaaat?! Not fifteen minutes later, though, a small resurgence bubbled up and I got some thunderstorm in afterall.
Better knock this out before I pass out again...
- On that point, I’m thankful that I didn’t let me anxiety get the better of me the day of the play. Traffic wasn’t cooperating and I thought I would be late, therefore completely mucking up the entire night. Then there were the bouts when communicating/misunderstanding which turn I was to take and parking. My anxiety spikes when I am in an unknown “foreign” land — even if it’s five or ten minutes right down the road.
- Also, I’m glad my bladder didn’t act up during the musical. I would have been slightly embarrassed if I had to run off in the middle of a scene to relieve myself. More so considering the name of the play.
- I’m thankful that a friend’s car accident was resolved with no issue/injury (possibly even insurance wise, which is awesome). Also, that some bad luck of having a dead battery in her car and phone, while downtown in the middle of the night alone, ended up panning out and everything was fine. This is the same friend as above, but this totally makes it sound like I have more friends!
- I’m thankful for the abundantly cooler weather that I was greeted with as I stepped outside this morning to grocery shop. Granted it was 430am, but lately it’s remained muggy through the late hours. I hope it sticks around for a while and we get more thunderstorms, but chances are that’s a wet dream.
- This week I decided to make an entry on a controversial topic. My anxiety kicked into overdrive, and threatened to silence me. I have habit of being highly interested in various topics — some passionate, some not — and instead of writing anything down I just discuss and deliberate internally, which eventually leads to me avoiding it. This time I wanted to force myself to write while it was all still fresh, and pertinent, in mind. I’m very thankful I didn’t allow my anxiety (or worry of response) to win out and was decently pleased with my piece.
- Paint. The program may be fairly limited, but it allowed me to momentarily change things up on my blog some, and maybe I can make some badges for the blog series — Trailer Tuesday & The Soundtrack of Imagination — I'd like to continue. I really wish I had better art/graphic design knowledge/experience, because even Paint makes me feel pretty inferior.
- On topic: I want to thank Idreamofwhiterooms for their help this week with Gimp2, which is another art program I recently downloaded. I (and a friend) couldn’t figure out one of the functions for the life of me, and instead of just Googling for tutorials I asked for some help instead. I am very appreciative for the assistance!
- Thankful for the extra sleep, even though my Saturday was pretty much toast because of it. I obviously needed it. That’s what I keep telling myself anyway...
- Beating the level of Candy Crush I’ve been stuck on for weeks now! I even looked it up online to see if others were having issues. Turns out majority say there is a glitch where the bonus fish at the end of a level (if having moves remaining) give less bonus points if on PC or tablet and not on a smartphone. Considering I cleared the level in 4-6 moves multiple times and received only 70-75k of 100k needed points, I tend to agree. Mind you, I don’t pay for any extras, BUT I also don’t use the free specials/gifts you get either (except gifted lives to play the level). This is just my own personal goal really, which can make things a bit more difficult and I’m sure others think it’s lame and/or crazy. Still, considering how early I’d clear the board I think the glitch it legit. Below says it all:
After clearing the level in 4-5 moves. Rage quit.
|Finally a 4-5 move win results in enough specials to push over 100k! All for 1 star...|
Now that I am up and at em, I hope to go for a walk — or five — around some parks in the area. I didn’t work out all week, and while I’m thankful for that extra time for my arms to heal I probably gained about fifteen pounds. No good I say, no good...
What are you thankful for this week?