Cutting it just under the wire today. I’ve been preoccupied doing what I do best: catching up*. Also, I’ve went to the clinic and had some blood taken**, so hopefully they can figure out what may be causing the constant fatigue I’ve experienced since being a teen. It’s easy to peg the reason with the “you don’t sleep much” explanation. However, even when I get enough sleep it doesn’t seem to matter, and I’ve been getting a ton of sleep lately***.
Let’s see what I’ve come up with during this hazy, sleepwalking week.
- I’m sure it’s been brought up before, but I’m thankful for this Blog Hop, which Lizzi has been kind enough to host for the Blogosphere. She should totally tell the Blogosphere “you’re welcome!” and lay claim to her rightfully deserved recognition! But no, she is more reserved and humble than that — it’s not her style****. Either way, it allows that chance to reflect upon the passing week (what parts of it I happened to be awake for...), and mull out the bad by focusing on the good.
- I’m thankful that so far no one has had issue with me posting the TToT badge at the beginning of the blog post, rather than at the end, as specified in the hop instructions. I believe it was said they were more “guidelines” than they are rules. However, it is even more possible (and very likely) that that nugget of wisdom comes from Clark and his Wakefield Doctrine. Considering (see what I did there?) Lizzi is one of the Doctrine’s DownSprings, I figure the rule applies to this blog hop!
- Also, I’m happy that so far no one has made a fuss about my belated attendance to the hop and their other personal entries over the past few weeks*****. If it was bad before, it’s progressively grown worse with this fatigue spell. I did get to some blogs that I hadn’t been able to catch up on in months, however, so that was nice. This whole topic has inspired me to post about comments (much like one Lizzi recently did******) and commenting — actively, late, and/or never — and reactions/feelings to such. If nothing else, I try my best to be active during the TToT blog hop, prioritizing those with my time.
- I’m thankful for Stephanie over at Life, Unexpectedly for the opportunity to make a Guest post on her blog. I’ve been attempting to hammer something out, but it should have likely already been sent in (I forget the time zone differences a lot of the time). Hopefully, I’m not too late! I keep getting hung up on what exactly I should write about, and everything I come up with sounds quite dull/boring; not something that would interest people.
- I was thankful to be able to see my aunt this week. She took some time off of work to bring my grandma up to a doctor appointment, so she hung out for a bit before returning to work afterwards. I don’t get to see her so often, even though technically she is there every other weekend when working her second job, which is right down the road from my grandmother’s house.
- Cuddles from Crooks. Lately he has been really lovey dovey, and very purry. It’s sweet and we have our bedtime routine, which is sometimes interrupted (and I’m sure it annoys him). What I don’t appreciate is his constantly waking me up over the past week and a half. Perhaps he knows I shouldn’t be sleeping, or that I’m sleeping too much. Yesterday, he was standing on my chest and licking my ear when I woke up. That was new. He only wakes me when needing food (and rarely even then), but these last few times hasn’t been because of that. Maybe he’s just an attention whore...
- Hanging out with my writing group. I haven’t been attending the coffee shop/bar hangouts with them the last 2 weeks. I could (still can) only be up for two or three hours before being exhausted and wanting to sleep more. I decided I would just fight through the fatigue and force myself to get out and be social this week. I’m accustomed to doing that (forcing myself), but as I said lately it’s been getting harder to do. It was great to see them after the hiatus, and hopefully it won’t be weeks before doing so again.
- More birthdays. This month a friend turned 40, and it was decided there would be multiple parties. The weekend before his birthday he had a BBQ, which I believed I referenced a few posts back. The weekend of I’m sure he did more family related celebrating. This week after, he had a friendly Magic drafting tournament hosted by one of the local shops we sometimes play at. It was a ton of fun! I brought some cake, gifted a card he mentioned he wanted, and slung some cardboard. I did pretty bad, but that wasn’t the point. It was just a ton of fun, and I think everyone involved would agree.
- Finally making a Dr. appointment. I’ve only been talking about it for weeks, but I’m a Grand Master Procrastinator; as if this blog hop, daily challenges, and mentioned Guest post weren’t evident enough. The doctor was nice, but a first year (which kind of concerns me), and we arranged to have a handful of tests done. They took four vials of blood so for the love of God they better find something. If it comes up negative for those tests, there are a handful of others I can do. I’m so excited... I forgot to bring up a handful of other complications I’ve been noticing, but there should be plenty of time to discuss them on future visits in the coming weeks.
- Last, but certainly not least: I’m incredibly thankful for Joy over at i can say mama nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award! I can’t express just how happy I am to be nominated, and being able to spread the love to other fellow bloggers. These types of awards are always a lot of fun and I’m hoping everyone involved has enjoyed the interaction it brings with friends — new and old. I noticed some others receiving awards placing them within their TToT blog entry, but I’m going to have to wait and take some specific time to focus on it. Hopefully, it will be this week, and if I can I will try to avoid doubling it up on others who may have already received the award. Thanks again, Joy, it’s awesome to be a part of this!
*This may be very debatable
**By “some” I mean gallons!
***Most of which was against my will
****Also possibly very debatable
*****At least not expressed vocally to where I’ve knowledge of any complaints*******
******Last Lizzi mention... uh... besides this one... damn it
*******Let’s keep it that way, mmmkay? Thanks!
Extra Thankful Bonus:
Last week was the Blogging Book Fair (BBF), which is a blog hop event featuring many authors, books, and giveaways. There was so much going on it was seriously hard to keep track of everything. I was able to sign up for a few giveaways again, and actually won two.
Another from Catherine Stine who you may remember being mentioned in a previous TToT blog entry. I won a copy of “The Eleventh Plague” by Jeff Hirsch. I’ve read there is a cover blurb by Suzanne Collins (writer of The Hunger Games series), which a lot of people cite as to what drew their attention to the book. I’m a fan of The Hunger Games if it wasn’t apparent from my last Trailer Tuesday, and so I’m really curious how this book is. No worries, though, Catherine! Your book will be read before it (preferably the first of the series even), and I will give a stab at a review :) Please don’t get sick of me!
The second giveaway was for an e-copy of “Fae Fatales: A Fantasy Noir Anthology” from Dominica Malcolm. I’m very interested to see how this book is (I believe she has one short story within), and also another she wrote “Adrift”.
So I just wanted to make sure I said thank you for the awesome chances with the giveaways! I could have saved these for next week, but they technically took place this previous one, and I’d only have done it to have an easy 2-3 on my list for next week.
That would be tsk tsk...
I think more will spring up between now and next weekend!
What are you thankful for? If not participating in the blog hop (though, you are more than welcomed!) feel free to share your list below in the comments!