A to Z 2014 Banner

A to Z 2014 Banner

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Widgets

[MOSTLY] WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - PUSH THE BUTTON

I know it seems impossible, but this entry should be mainly pictures and few words. I know in person I’m usually the silent type, but when writing (or discussing a topic of passion) I can drone on and on and on and on and on and on... You get the picture.

Speaking of pictures:

I get ALL the mail!
I love getting mail when it isn’t spam and/or bills!

Sometimes I get very personal mail:
Someone understands my... nuts?
This was such a sweet gesture, and I wish I could share the words that were written inside, but I never asked beforehand. They were very kind and touching, to say the least. When seeing the card they said it was perfect. I couldn’t agree more.

Then I was treated to yet another surprise:

Dinner! NOM NOM NOM!
My friend over at Daily Discovery made a wonderfully delicious meal this evening, and was kind enough to share with me! It was Turkey Meatball & Cheese and Spinach Ravioli, and it was amazing!

She said she was happy to cook for me, and I said I was happy to eat for her >.>

It only took a few hundreds of hours, but it finally happened:

Oh My Nuts! I made a button!
With the help of PicMonkey I was able to design a blog button! Behold! Bask in its glory! I really wanted the “glow” to be around the nut, but after time I liked the idea of it surrounding the rodent's cute little paw as it stretched out to grasp its Destiny.

Now if I can only figure out how to post it on the blog allowing for others to use it if they so choose..

That wasn’t too wordy, was it? Some of the other entries have really pushed the envelope in that department.
When was the last time you received a special card? What do you think of the new blog button? Now to make badges for my blog series...

24 comments:

  1. Oh my nuts! A secret admirer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog button.. it only took me a couple hundred hours to do mine and its nowhere as fantastic. Google grab button generator there's a site that does it. Or ask Lizzi I shared it with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can take forever can't they? I still have to make badges, which I am dreading heh I like your button, and I tried that code (I think it was the right one) last night, but didn't work so I will have to monkey with it some.

      Uncertain if you will see this, but do you have the button on a site like photobucket or anything? I tried pulling the image source straight from this post, but it didn't seem to work :-( I may need it elsewhere, though? I've no idea.

      Lizzi was my first Go-To!

      Delete
  3. Use Shanique's button makey thing - it's better than my code. I love it - it's so pretty!

    Oh, and the last amazing mail I got was from Shanique :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm I tried and no go, she said it was the same info she gave you? So would likely be one and same, no?

      Back to the drawing board!

      I recall that awesome mail!

      Delete
  4. That button is AWESOME! Perfectly you.
    And as for the mail...Do you save the envelopes from every letter you receive, or did you get that all recently? I love mail, and either way, you receive way more than I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine *hug* I thought it was very fitting.

      I don't keep all random mail/envelops (though, those pictured above I will)

      But any envelops/cards I get through the years I've kept. I think I maybe threw away some of the envelops being it gives more space haha.

      I will maybe take a picture at all the holiday/birthday/special cards I've received through the years :)

      Delete
  5. That button is cute! Lately, the only snail mail I've gotten has been junk or bills. Sometimes my mom sends me stuff, but it's been a while. =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but I think "oh my nuts" is what people take away over "cute" ;-) lol

      Hmm perhaps you should mail her first? Get the drop on her!

      Delete
  6. You get ALL the mail! That made me laugh. I love the nut card. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much, Jessica :-)

      I debated what to use as a button, but a majority of my friends loved that picture when I placed it on the blog/FB and as mentioned above, it's fitting!

      The nut card was really sweet!

      Delete
  7. Oh my, who gave you that awesome card?! Mmmm I want more delicious ravioli, I will certainly put that one in my memory recipe bank as a success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you know... such and such! I agree, that is definitely a dinner worth repeating :-)

      Delete
  8. love the blog button, also how do i get that much mail? what's your secret????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And well, you know, I could tell you... but then I'd have to...

      Well, you know the drill...

      Delete
  9. Ha, I see one of my giveaway envelopes there.
    And how lovely that someone cooked a great meal for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two are from you! ;-)

      It was a loverly surprise, and very delicious!

      Delete
  10. Yay! Great job on the button, love it! Glad you're getting all this mail. Most of our mail tends to be bills these days, not like! But that's a fact of life I guess ;-) I hope you have a great day, Jak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie, and welcome back from vacation! I like to just throw bills away >.< Have a great week!

      Delete
  11. Great button! If you continue having trouble with the button, I can send you a pre-made html code that you can just adjust to your own needs, if you like. It's cool that you get mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! I still am uncertain how to actually display it in a fashion on my sidebar where people can grab the code. I don't think anyone would want/need to use it anyhow, so mainly getting it centered would be nice.

      I appreciate your help :-)

      Delete

Oh My Nuts! Leave a message already, would ya?!

Jak Stats