Wow - it’s already been ten weeks since this blog hop was launched by Lizzie over at Considerings. The hop has grown since it’s initial startup weekend, and is continually doing so as time keeps on slipping into the future. If you haven’t checked it out yet I encourage you to do so! The information can be found by clicking on the TToT banner above.
Nothing beats overcoming a difficult week like taking time to recap some of the finer moments in life*. Sometimes they come easy, sometimes you have to dig, but they are always there and each time you focus on recalling them is another step closer to positive thinking! So drown out all that nasty hubdrub and share what you are grateful for, I promise you will feel better**.
Being the tenth week makes me feel like I should be contributing something a tad bit special, but alas, I’m at a loss, so I’ll get right into the meat of my listing. Though, there is a chance some participating in the hop will like this...
I don’t know about you, but I feel that is a great way to kick off a list***!
- I wanted to start out by thanking Clark over at the Wakefield Doctrine for nominating me for the Semper Fidelis Blogger Award! This was two weeks ago, but I’m Slowplay. I’ll be getting around to the award ceremonies soon enough. Clark..Clark...Clark He is an odd one, even with his nominating tactics ;-) If interested in checking out what the Wakefield Doctrine is all about (the worldview theory of Clarks, Scotts, and Rogers) I suggest you take a gander! I’ve been told you can’t break it, but I’ve been known to break the internet. Challenge Accepted!
- Finishing my Guest Post over at Life, Unexpectedly in time! I should have warned Stephanie about the formatting shenanigans (like double spacing) that crop up when pasting something from Google Drive into Blogger and then editing (pictures were added), which makes no sense being both are Google based; drives me mad when I edit my own posts! It was a ton of fun to write, and I hope she enjoyed (still enjoying?) her vacation. She had guest posters all week, so check them out — you may recognize a few!
- My ability to remain calm(er) under pressure. It’s no secret for most that I have some anxiety issues. Sometimes they end up annoying everyone else more than myself, which is unfortunate. When a situation arises, though, that is high anxiety and pressure I do sometimes have my moments. One was this week, which dealt with some personal issues between another and I. It put many things into perspective, but instead of just running from it I faced it head-on (apply directly to the forehead — sorry, hard to resist). This [facing something] usually occurs during matters associated with feelings of the heart and/or others I care about.
- More movie outings! I had another date night consisting of another dinner and movie. We saw Man of Steel (review pending...) and I had a great time. I liked the movie (especially beginning), but felt it was a tad too long for various reasons, which I will be highlighting in said pending review.
- The 50’s Grill. This was where we had dinner for our date night, and it’s a long-time favorite spot of mine and my grandmother (who was not my date >.>). They play the generation's music and the waitresses wear cute pink dresses (I don’t stare, I swear**). I love the decor, the great food, and peaceful atmosphere. Their malts are awesome, but we opted to pass on them, since we were too full from our meals and had the movie to catch. Soon, though... Soon...
- The building inspiration and motivation to do movie, book, and other reviews. I know I talk about wanting to do them a lot, but there seems to be need for a build up process. Eventually it will overflow and then I will attack it. Already I have thoughts I would like to share about the movies I’ve recently seen. Part of the hold up is selecting a day for reviews (Mondays or Thursdays seem best so far) and how to handle spoilers.I know I can leave spoilers out (I’m a huge proponent of not giving any, being they potentially ruin the experience for others), but some of the review seems it would be lost without talking specifics. I will deliberate some on this, and if nothing else, I know I can label/warn when spoilers will appear. Likely I could shift those topics to the last section, but then I fear possible discussion points in comments will give them away regardless. What to do, what to do...
- Clean bill of health. Not completely clean, I suppose, but a few weeks ago I made a Dr. appointment to get some tests done. Specifically, these were tests I was hoping would shed some light on my constant fatigue (it’s still running rampant). My thyroid was the focus of this last visit, but it came back normal. In fact, all the other tests the Dr. and my Arch Nemesis called labs for came back normal. Yes, I have an Arch Nemesis in the medical field. I will discuss this, and these tests, more fully in a more personalized blog post.While this is good news, it also means I have more testing to undergo. It should have been this week, but I had quite a bit on my plate, so the plan is to go in next week. While I don’t seem to have any signs of Sleep Apnea, it is something I explained to them I wanted checked out. This involves a sleep study (something I’ve been told for years to do), which really cranks up my anxiety levels! It’s just one night, though. What’s the worst that can happen?
- Forgiveness. Not necessarily receiving it, but in this case the ability to offer it. A long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away...), I wasn’t quite a bit different in terms of Forgiveness. I believe I’ve mentioned it some in my previous “important” [to me] posts (Initiative: Just Act Kind & BEDiM 2013: Day 24). I would hold grudges, used to be angry (this is more in the teen years and not in the sense of losing temper), and pretty much judge and shun those I felt were “doing it wrong” and/or screwing me over. I’ve come a long way since then, but I’ve still many things to learn. I’m thankful to bare witness to the beautiful results from hard work in this area; I’m quite proud. This (and recapping on the above I:Jak post) will be touched upon more, as well.
- Lovers. It’s not plural because I have multiple, though that would be quite intriguing (or damning depending on where you stand — as if having one doesn’t offer the same condemnation). This is another area — Love and relationships — that has changed dramatically over the course of my life. Where once I believed that someone must be strictly involved in a committed relationship to experience either, I’ve now come to believe that to be false. Love, and the sharing of it, knows no boundaries and is not restricted to labels and titles. It transcends all that tries to restrict it. It just simply is. This is also a topic on a personal level I wish to highlight more directly (I know, I’ve hinted at so many today it’s tiring!). I expect it will conflict with the beliefs and points of views of others, but that’s okay. It is what it is.
- Finally, hot passionate sex and hot meals. Not necessarily in that order****.
*Well, for the sake of the hop nothing does, but anything that would equal it (whether hot sex, a hot meal, or a hot meal after hot sex, etc etc) would just be added to that dandy list****
**But no pinky swears
***See what I did there?!
****Told ya so...
Feel free to leave your list below in the comments if you haven’t yet joined the blog hop! How should I handle spoilers in movie reviews? Leave them out (I’d imagine I could easily write them up devoid of them)? Do you have a favorite restaurant? If so, which and why?