A to Z 2014 Banner

A to Z 2014 Banner

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Widgets

[MOSTLY] WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - HIT-AND-RUN

I swear they look just like my grandparents!
This is an image I found online while looking for various picture options for an anniversary card. The card I bought for my grandparent’s 25th Anniversary was pretty blank. Too blank. But I couldn’t focus enough to derive words befitting enough to dress the card up. When I came across this picture it was perfect, so I printed it out and added it. This project was all done last minute on a whim, but I think it added so much humor to the gift. I wasn’t around when they finally opened it, unfortunately, but was told they liked it alot.

Kudos to the good people of the world!
Two weeks ago my girlfriend noticed something on my car's windshield. She brought in this note that was left by some random stranger (or possibly a tenant I’m unfamiliar with, as there has been some turnover lately) after they had witnessed someone hitting my car. In case it’s hard to see, it reads as follows:
An SUV (lic. 660 ETA, I believe) backed into this car and took off. (Women drivers… amirite?)

It looks like it scratched your car on the driver-side, rear quarter panel.

Hit-and-runs (or is that hits-and-run?) are total bullshit. If you need a witness, my name is Casey and you can reach me at XXX-XXX-XXXX. After 7:00 pm is the best time to call.

Good luck. I hope you get that fucker.
That was badass and made our day and we laughed about it for some time after. I never did call them, because my car was already DOA at that point. I suppose I could call and thank them for being awesome, though!

video

I was playing this level yesterday and it seems I broke Candy Crush. The video displays what was happening for originally about an hour before I had company over. Later that evening, as said company was about to leave, I thought about playing some Candy Crush and recalled I still had the level up. Sure enough, 5+ hours later it was still stuck in its janky loop. I’ve warned people I break things…* I had to get a video of it to share, and I even thought about trying to send it in to the company. I’m pretty sure it’s not meant to work that way, and they may want to update the level to stop the chances of it occurring.

*Clark, you’ve been warned...

Do you have family or friends who have thrown 25th Anniversary parties? 50th? Ever been the victim of a hit-and-run?

14 comments:

  1. All's been quiet on the home front this last week and a bit, as I've not been well, so missed my TToT hop :(

    But I was pleased today when sorting through my many emails (don't they build up quick when you ignore them a few days?) to find a post from you.

    Much kudos to your neighbour for leaving you that note - a note back might be appreciated, especially in this world that rarely cares what's going on outside :)

    As for anniversaries, we had our 25th almost 5 years ago now, and had a brilliant party with all our friends around us - and none of us felt as though that amount of time had really passed by!:)

    Now we're about to celebrate our 30th - in a much lower-keyed way - and it still feels as though no time has passed for us! {grin}
    The Owl Lady :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katy, I'm very sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. As you can see, though, I was an entire day late (surprisingly not three) and you most definitely can still make your list (perhaps you have? I will have to check... sad to admit, but honestly, I had your last TToT list and three others up and I never got to them, but am hoping to today). Even if not able to link up, it sounds like Lizzi is cool with you linking up the next weekend if coming in a bit last for the previous. May want to consider that.

      Emails can build up very fast >.< and I leave them "new" until I read them so I won't ever forget heh

      Congrats on your 25th and upcoming 30th Anniversaries! Do they work in the 5/10 year pattern? I always thought just quarterly, but that may just be the ones that garnish the biggest throwdowns? ;-) Having a low-key anniversary sounds nicer to me anyhow. It's great to have so many friends and family show up to celebrate, though, and I'm glad your 25th was so much fun!

      I know all about being unaware of time passing!

      I think you are right about a note of thanks in return. Maybe I can text the individual rather than calling as that may be awkward after 2 weeks lol

      Delete
  2. I'm sure your grandparents were thrilled at the note.
    Never been involved in a hit and run, but I did slide into an abandoned car when on ice once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seemed to be, though I'm sure they were thrilled by anything and everything they received. Even just the company of loved ones :-)

      Me neither (until now?), but I've been in an accident as well. Slammed right into someone's trailer as they were hauling their snowmobiles >.< Take THAT Winter Festivities!

      Delete
  3. That is a cute picture you found. I bet your grandparents loved the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of these stories for [Mostly] Wordless Wednesday. The more I see that drawing, the more I can visualize your grandparents. It was fun to see them in another setting.

    I think it is time to contact Candy Crush developers. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even barely used words. I almost used none except for captions... maybe in the future...

      I do think it looks like them!

      Considering all the death threats and lawsuits they probably get contacted about, my cries will likely fall on deaf ears!

      Delete
  5. the hit and run note was great and deffo say thanks for the note.

    I stopped playing candy crush, otherwise i will not ever get stuff done, maybe it is a wake up call for you too!

    my parents had their 25th anniversary last year, we all got drunk and had a bbq...good times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely worth a thank you, if nothing else. I will have to get on that.

      Hmm the game has provided many "wake up" calls through the levels, but I've promptly ignored them and trudged on >.>

      Congrats on their 25th! Sounds like a great way to celebrate!

      Hmm you've been coming around a lot lately lol I think I'm missing something... like... you are up to no good or something. I will have to scope it out...

      Delete
  6. Happy Anniversary to your grandparents! Hope you had fun at the celebration!

    That's really cool that someone left a note on your car about this hit-and-run. Hate those as well.

    Have a great Wednesday, Jak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Stephanie!

      I hope you had a great day and have a fun weekend. I promise to try to stop by this week yet and catch up!

      *Hug*

      Delete
  7. Holy cow that note you got from a tenant is AWESOME. How really cool and thoughtful of them! Because hit and runs DO SUCK. I've gotten to my car in a parking lot before and been like WTF. Who did this and didn't leave a note!? mean.
    Happy happy anniversary to your grandparents. I'm sure they really enjoyed the card. That photo is the bomb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully this would be my only Hit-and-Run incident, and well... my car is already toast and unable to be driven, so I kind of lucked out. I agree that note was awesome!

      Thanks, I'm sure they did too :) How could they not?!

      Delete

Oh My Nuts! Leave a message already, would ya?!

Jak Stats