Back a few weeks ago (XVII | 10 Things of Thankful | XVII) I mentioned being inspired by a picture a friend drew for me. It came at a moment when I was on the fence about continuing the blogging or going on a hiatus. Even this coming NaNoWriMo seemed threatened. I wanted to share the picture, though if you are friends on FB you’ve already seen it I’m sure. I love it, and I just need to look at it if ever feeling negative about my writing (or lack thereof). I miss him and his wife. They moved to England years ago, but hopefully someday there will be a reunion.
Now onto the darker side of things. Obsessions. I like to call them passions, but it’s pretty subjective…
Below is part of my Magic the Gathering Collection. The majority of the boxes on the bottom are five-row boxes. The rest (in the back) are 4-row and 3-row boxes, while some 2-row are on top of them all. Almost all of these are plump full of Magic cards. Some contain supplies (a variety of sleeves, deck boxes, life-counters, etc), but the bulk is just cards. The 5-row boxes can hold up to 7k Magic cards, so those alone 77k, including the 4 and 3-row (just in this picture) is easily pushing 100k+ cards. I will share some more pictures, and detail random factoids throughout.
|Only part of my beautiful collection!|
- My tiger blanket being used to hide my Crooks-Clawed love seat/couch. It’s usually in the bedroom and is what I use to lure all the Fair Maidens to the Chamber of Love.
- The “Iron” Throne.
- Crooks’s table, otherwise known as Crooks’ Domain or Casterly Crooks.
- Various playmats I’ve accrued from playing Magic the Gathering.
- The box I have used to carry all my decks in to Magic Nights and casual events with friends. We are talking since high school. It’s my thing.
- The box I carry the playmats in #4 in. The 3-row box below it is the only empty box in the picture.
- Cards being sorted.
|There are even some more cards in the hutch...|
- Lamp that almost started my place on fire months ago that I’ve been slowplaying throwing out.
- My trade binder that I finally added cards to. Took me years to buy a binder for the purpose of trading and then longer to put cards in it. I still haven’t made a trade, and I likely never will. Would rather sell, and even that hasn’t happened.
- Stacks of cards I plan to gift.
- Crooks Deodorizer.
- Crooks Fur Remover.
- A LEGO creation.
- Don’t be fooled, that single row box is full of Pokemon cards!
|This is the rack I store most of my collection on, tucked away in its own little world...|
- Sealed product I didn’t want to move into the living room for the sake of taking pictures. Less moving means less chance of damage.
- Sealed Booster Box of Planeshift. Shame it wasn’t one of the more popular sets.
- Mage Knight dungeon pieces I felt would work perfect for running a D&D campaign with. I had lofty ideas of starting up a game with friends/family long ago, but never came to fruition and I never tore the pieces down.
|I have others that were acquired through buying collections back in the day...|
- Close-up of a playmat I received for attending the Grand Prix Mpls in 2012. It’s a huge event and I went 6-3. One less loss and I would have made Day 2, and possibly even been in-the-money. Would you believe I was even slowplayed during the tournament?
- Close-up of a random playmat someone let me borrow at an FNM (Friday Night Magic) event. I love it since it’s labeled as being “foil”, which is the type of card I obsess about the most. He left before I was through and I never saw him afterwards at any other FNMs, so I hold on to it until next we meet!
Besides Magic, I have a few other obsessions… like:
- Half of my 80+ unopened Xbox 360 games collection.
- The other half…
- Random trinkets.
- A row… stuffed… with stuffed animals and like-objects.
- Shirt I bought for my friend’s recent wedding.
So there you have it… Not so wordless, I apologize.
Do you have any passions obsessions?