A to Z 2014 Banner

A to Z 2014 Banner

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Widgets

XIX | 10 THINGS OF THANKFUL | XIX


I’m not sure how I forgot to mention, but two weeks ago was hell of a work week. It kind of knocked me on my ass and helped facilitate my absence from the Blogosphere. The property had two walkthroughs. One from a potential owner — wanting to go into each unit — and another with one of the higher-ups of the company. This called for extra time being spent cleaning the buildings, property, and my own apartment.

My building is generally always good to go, but the other… well, the other has a section I call the “Dead Zone”. Just to myself. It kind of creeps me out, to be honest. Maybe I will explain why in a future post. It’s silly, and slightly embarrassing, but I have an overactive imagination. Anyhow, it just never seems to look cleaned and it bugs the hell out of me. Needless to say, the entire ordeal did a number on me — mainly the cleaning chemicals.

It lead into a great weekend, however, and a much less stressful week.

Round Two:

  1. This past Monday I thought I would ask my grandmother if she would like to play cards. She loves them, so naturally the answer was yes. After resting her eyes for a bit, of course. I imagine she was harnessing her card shark chi. We played 500 Rummy and I pulled out the win at the very end.
  2. When Kate arrived, later that evening, we all three played a game. That was even more fun, and challenging, but I was able to squeak out the win again.
  3. My mad card skills (skillz). Not really, but when playing 500 Rummy I use a tactic that frustrates my grandmother. All it involves is keeping pairs and runs in my hand, trying to arrange going out in one fluid swoop, but it really works her up. I did this during the last game of the night, before either her or Kate were able to lay down any cards for points, causing them to go negative. I may have sang a little diddy as I did it… you know… to make it more memorable…
  4. Continued lazy weekends. Sometimes after a rough week you just have to relax. This was last weekend, though. This weekend was a bit busy.
  5. Kate and I finally finished up Breaking Bad. It took about a month and a half to catch up to the recent series finale. When watching a show with someone — something I love to do — you can’t exactly crush and marathon them, unless they are wanting to. Not that Kate wouldn’t have, I didn’t exactly ask, but it’s something I don’t oppose. I like to do this with series that have already ended (though, avoiding spoilers can be a bitch), so you can plow right through them. Breaking Bad was a great show, and would highly recommend it! Please no spoilers below if you have seen it, just in case there are still those attempting to catch up and/or interested in the series.
  6. I am thankful my girlfriend is already onboard for picking another show or two to watch together!
  7. Tuesday Kate and I went to see a play called Tribes. It was essentially about language, feelings, and the ability to accurately understand/express them; specifically via sign language, given the central character is deaf. It was good, but I won’t pretend I will get around to doing a review. If you recall my failings at doing one for Urinetown months ago, and my now non-existent movie reviews
  8. This weekend Kate’s friend had a housewarming party. It was a lot of fun, and I was able to meet even more of my girlfriend’s friends. A handful seemed to take a liking to me, others not so much. I’m good with sticking with those who did…
  9. In regards to the work talk above, I’m thankful I have a little more information about the going-ons with my property. Even if having to go through back-channels to do so. As it is, no need for me to wear shades at the moment, because my future isn’t looking so bright. But there are always things to look forward to. Like:

Feel free to leave your Thankful List in the comments below, if you aren’t participating directly with the blog hop!

15 comments:

  1. First Comment!!!
    (cha ching!!)
    gotta hit publish will be back with 'actual' Comment...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lmfao! You are hilarious! You know how often I get all "why the hell do they post that" on similar comments via forums/comment threads :-)

      Delete
  2. lol (phew)... took only once that I was so relishing first comment that I lost position after publishing... and seeing how totally characteristic of me to 'learn the first time' (not) that I am rightly proud of my learnationing.

    in any event, glad to see that you got the double that you were going for... I followed the link above to the Post (of the girl)... while I hardly ever get mis-interpreted in my comments, I trust that you will correct any mis-understanding...*

    *I am treating myself to just one *... which relates to the fun of seeing a secondary scottian aspect in a clark (myself)... the above comment, it is totally a tease... an effort (in good fun) of making the Reader curious lol (we have a saying about clarks at the Doctrine: 'clarks hate the idea of being the center of attention but will not tolerate being ignored')
    have a good week... can't wait to hear about building 2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha duly noted, Good Sir! You made it post haste and you even took the lead by a good margin.

      I wasn't sure I'd pull off the double, but I did. It's about all I was able to do, though.

      I will (if need be) attempt to correct any misunderstandings, but I think most around these parts "understand" you as well as they might ;-)

      I really like that saying, to be honest...

      Delete
  3. Pffft, which friends didn't take a liking to you?! If they didn't take a liking, chances are they aren't very close friends. Both Amanda and Sarah said they would love to hang out with you more. Paul seemed down with you too. And honestly. those would be the important ones.

    I love that our lists are similar, and yet, we never discussed a single one of them. Breaking Bad, Grandma, my blog post, the play. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not completely certain... some merely speculation. The friends we talked to the most that night were really nice and fun.

      Uuuuuuuuh... I maybe still have to go meander over in that direction *sigh*

      Delete
  4. #10 says it all, doesn't it? I've been married for over 26 years now, and I can tell you, it just gets better. It's so much easier to handle life's little (or not-so-little) challenges with the love of your life by your side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Well, here's to hoping it gets even better :-)

      Delete
  5. You and I play rummy the same way. Mwahahahaha!!

    Kate's post about you was the sweetest thing ever. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muahahahaha! I wonder if that can be played with teams :-)

      Delete
  6. Your #10 is ADORABLE :) As are you and Kate :D

    So glad you had fun with your grandma. Not sure what the '500' is all about. But if you like gin rummy, then you'd love Benefactor, which takes about an hour to play fully, and is AMAZING fun :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "500" indicates the point count necessary to win. Each hand you accumulate points (or go backwards — in the hole) and the first to reach that mark is the champ! However, I'm not sure if there is much difference between Rummy and 500 Rummy...

      Never heard of Benefactor. May have to google that...

      Delete
  7. I'm with Grandma on the card playing. Your type annoys me. :) (Yes, I'm smiling there, but really, it does annoy me.)
    I'm glad you and Kate are getting along so well. I'm happy for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muahahaha! No worries, I don't think you will ever have to face my dastardly card-playing tactics! I'm a maverick!

      And that is a new "sign in" for you... or something. It's like a "new" Christine, but old. It's like The New Adventures of Old Christine!

      Delete

Oh My Nuts! Leave a message already, would ya?!

Jak Stats