A to Z 2014 Banner

A to Z 2014 Banner

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Widgets

A to Z 2014 : OUT OF IT

(An A to Z 2014 Challenge Entry)

We are just past the halfway mark for the 2014 A to Z Challenge and I, for one, am beginning to feel the burn. I started off strong, with posts being drafted up and scheduled a day early. I was energized and found some new blogs and hopped to familiar ones (though, maybe not as often during this challenge). The further we got into the event, the more difficult it became to keep up.

Posts were scrambled together at the last moment, being posted just before the Midnight mark (an old school tactic of mine). Then “cheat” posts (J, M, and N), where I’d post “coming soon” to by me some time to write the body of the post while maintaining the post date on the correct day, became commonplace. Tricky tricky, I know. This comes at the cost of most readers/visitors just passing over it and not checking back, which isn’t such a big deal considering I’m not even sharing and/or promoting via social media. Just stating the side-effects of my lazy-induced antics. It’s not so much I’m lazy even, it’s that I’m just getting tired.

Blog hopping levels are dwindling. I want to participate more, but I feel out of it. Especially today. I just feel so tired and coffee apparently isn’t helping. Hopefully, this weekend will be a lot more productive, although Easter is bound to make it difficult.

I think I’m just going to go lay down for a bit… rest my eyes a few moments…

For those participating in the 2014 A to Z Challenge, how are you holding up? How has blog hopping been going? If any, with this challenge or blogging in general, what are some of the hardest aspects you find yourself faced with? What drives you to continue despite these obstacles?

6 comments:

  1. I, too, am feeling the pinch. I am able to post in time every day still, but I am pretty far behind in the hopping and reading of others.

    Some letters are easier to write than others, and I often think it shows. My words flow out of my finger tips and overall, it just reads better. I am getting bit worried about some of the letters in the latter half of the A to Z. We shall see where it takes us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can get rough! I've been curious how Dyanne has been holding up. I've fallen behind on her posts and Lizzi's and Kirsten's and that new Flip fella and so on and so forth. The longer the posts the more difficult, so I understand why the Hosts who have done this for years stress shorter posts. It gets to be taxing.

      I hope the coming letters aren't too difficult and your fingers find their flow!

      Delete
  2. It's past the point of being fun. It happens every time. Normally, I am pretty much over it by letter H. Did you know that some folks out there write their entire month of posts during the rest of the year and then schedule the posting on the correct days so they don't have to actually write a post every day of the challenge? If only I could be that organized. I can't even seem to plan meals a day in advance. Hang in there, baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, most people seem to hit a breaking point where they realize just how difficult it is to post, blog hop, read and comment on a daily basis. I generally do a process of elimination, which isn't meant to offend, and am not offended if done in return to me, to help minimize the stress.

      I've actually heard that some people start well in advance. I told myself I would do the same, but then I was on hiatus. The inkling to blog again was coming about and it just so happened April was a week or two away. So here I am. I don't think I could do it well in advance, though. My post topics change all the time, even right up to when I'm beginning to write it the day of. Not that I couldn't instead create other posts after the challenge based on the newly thought of subjects, but that is a bit of discipline I'd have to practice.

      I also don't plan anything in advance. Only recently I've attempted to create some semblance of a "schedule". It's hard when I sometimes can't even recall what day it is to begin with!

      I'm trying to, I'm trying to!

      Delete
  3. OHhhhhhh are we only halfwayy through?

    I've been pretty terrible at hopping around, too, so I feelya BIGTIME on this. But I refuse to give up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it just gets to be a little too much >.< as you've noticed some breaking under the pressure in that group you invited me too :-(

      Delete

Oh My Nuts! Leave a message already, would ya?!

Jak Stats